Beef and Bean Taco Chili
This chili recipe is a lifesaver when I'm cooking on the fly. It's loaded with convenience ingredients, but you can pile on the veggies if you're in the mood for a fresh crunch. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes12 servings (4 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 envelopes reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) black beans, undrained
- 3 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- Optional toppings: Sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese, chopped tomatoes and crushed tortilla chips
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; add beef and onions. Cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended, about 30 minutes. If desired, serve with toppings.
Test Kitchen tip