Beef and Bean Taco Chili
This chili recipe is a lifesaver when I'm cooking on the fly. It's loaded with convenience ingredients, but you can pile on the veggies if you're in the mood for a fresh crunch. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 envelopes reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) black beans, undrained
- 3 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese, chopped tomatoes and crushed tortilla chips
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; add beef and onions. Cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended, about 30 minutes. If desired, serve with toppings.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 282 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 1131mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 13g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Taco Soup in Taste of Home December 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.