Hearty Beef & Bean Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes14 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 304 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 11g fiber), 23g protein.
Jul 25, 2018
Aug 7, 2017
This recipe could not be saved into "My Recipe Box"
Apr 22, 2015
My family likes their chili spicy so I just added some ancho chili powder to spice it up and omg was it good!
Oct 7, 2014
Needing a quicker beef chili for DH, I used 1 can kidney beans, 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce, 1 lb. grass-fed beef, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, the Worcestershire, 1/8 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. chili powder, & 1/8 tsp. Dave's Insanity Hot sauce. Serve with sharp shredded cheddar cheese. He likes it! Hey Mikey!
Nov 14, 2013
This is good enough to enter in a Chili Cook-off and win! I did a few things differently: I only used 3 cans of chili beans (not enough Beano in the world for 6 cans!), doubled up on the onions, cumin and chili powder. I couldn't find Southwest chipotle seasoning blend, so I used fajita seasoning and Sazon with 1 teaspoon of achiote. I also added a shake or two of hot pepper seeds, chopped cilantro and parsley. Next time I'll try it with 4 cloves of garlic. Also, in the interest of time, I cooked it uncovered on the stovetop for 1 hour on med/low. Really a winner!
Nov 11, 2013
Very good! I did double the spices to kick it up a notch. A definite make again.
Nov 9, 2013
This was perfect for a cold day.... Excellent.......I also added a can of black beans to the dish.....