Hearty Beans with Beef
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Aug 26, 2017
I use this recipe for small batches. I add a couple chopped jalapenos, 1/4 of each ketchup and brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of whiskey, and I like bold flavor BBQ sauce and a little more Worcestershire sauce.
Aug 15, 2014
Good flavor and easy to make!
Apr 28, 2014
Great recipe! My husband LOVED it. Just so you know, i made it as is and it was perfect for him! I felt it was a little too sweet so I'm changing my review to 4 stars.
Feb 3, 2010
This is very simple, and very good. However, please note that the online recipe left out one ingredient from the Quick Cooking cookbook: 1 can (15-1/2 oz) chili beans, undrained. I used my 4-Qt slow cooker. -Lori in WI.
Dec 2, 2008
My husband loves this! He raves about it to his family all the time. This is good, easy and inexpensive.