Hearty Beans with Beef
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 209 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 26, 2017
I use this recipe for small batches. I add a couple chopped jalapenos, 1/4 of each ketchup and brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of whiskey, and I like bold flavor BBQ sauce and a little more Worcestershire sauce.
Aug 15, 2014
Good flavor and easy to make!
Apr 28, 2014
Great recipe! My husband LOVED it. Just so you know, i made it as is and it was perfect for him! I felt it was a little too sweet so I'm changing my review to 4 stars.
Feb 3, 2010
This is very simple, and very good. However, please note that the online recipe left out one ingredient from the Quick Cooking cookbook: 1 can (15-1/2 oz) chili beans, undrained. I used my 4-Qt slow cooker. -Lori in WI.
Dec 2, 2008
My husband loves this! He raves about it to his family all the time. This is good, easy and inexpensive.