Beef and Beans
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into thin strips. Combine mustard, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl; add steak and toss to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add tomatoes, onion and bouillon. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in beans; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 185 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 22, 2018
I think I will leave out the beans.Will be trying after Thanksgiving.
Jan 8, 2018
Heard it was bland, we used Rotel canned diced tomatoes and chilis to add a kick, the hot mexican taste. Very good, served over mashed potatoes.
Mar 27, 2014
Very good! I did add a couple splashes of Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce and I thought it was fantastic!
Dec 12, 2013
This was delicious and so easy to make. I'm not sure why everyone is commenting on it being bland- we found it full of flavor! Served over rice, it was a hearty, filling, and tasty dinner.
Nov 26, 2011
idea is good but not much flavor
Nov 18, 2011
Very, very, very good, and it used up some of the beef we had in the freezer!!!
May 18, 2009
Try adding some jarred banana peppers and some of the liquid from the jar, also add someMrs Dash Table Blend or for a little more kick, Lawry's seasoning salt. Sometimes we have to tweak the recipes to fit our family's taste.