Meatballs and Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs and onion until meatballs are browned; drain. Add beans, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 254 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2014
This is the first meal I made as a new bride and it's wonderful. Easy to make and delicious.
May 26, 2009
I am going to try this tomorrow with frozen meat balls, I hope it works as I have them freezer and would like to use them.
May 2, 2009