Pork Chops and Beans
This hearty combination of tender pork chops and two kinds of beans makes a satisfying supper from the slow cooker in summer or winter," assures Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-3/4 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar and mustard. Pour over chops.
- Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until meat is almost tender. Stir in beans. Cook, covered, 1 to 2 hours longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 297 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 11g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Pork Chops and Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.