Pork Chop Rice Bake
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2-1/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a bowl, combine the rice, soups and milk. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange pork chops over rice. Sprinkle with soup mix. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat juices run clear and rice is tender.
Jan 7, 2016
I made this tonight for dinner. The rice seemed a little dry, but the pork was perfect. DH and DS loved it. I will make it again, but add a little more milk, or some cream
May 22, 2014
Very nice. The rice was excellent. I used half the packet te of onion soup mix, that was lots. I would make this again, great cottage recipe. Janet
Oct 28, 2013
This classic pork chop recipe brings back wonderful memories! Like my mother, prepared with 6 pork chops. Plenty of creamy rice for everyone or great left overs for the next day. Also, added a large can of mushrooms. This addition gives it a special touch!
Nov 1, 2010
I made this again after falling out of my regular rotation - Still better with the peas and carrots!!
Sep 27, 2010
We were looking for an alternative to the pork chops/rice my husband always makes. This was good, made a large quantity of rice.
Aug 25, 2010
The pork chops were not done after cooking for an hour. The rice was ok. I will not be fixing this again.
May 4, 2008
To jazz it up a bit more:Add 10oz frozen peas/carrots to mixture.Cook 50-55 covered - Uncover and sprinkle 3/4 cup each chedder and mozarella over dish. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.