Pork Chop Supper
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 5 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups beef broth
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chops, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet; brown the chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4-in. cubes. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion to the skillet. Pour broth over all; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 623 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1359mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 44g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2018
Quick, easy, tasty.
Jan 23, 2017
Great Sunday (or any day) dinner. Made recipe as it was written. Would not change a thing
Sep 19, 2016
Tasty! I added paprika to thyme mixture .
Aug 16, 2016
I am not the biggest fan of pork chops, but thought I would give this a try anyway. I am so glad I did! It really was tasty and simple. I did not use all of the flour, will reduce by at least 2-3 Tbsp next time so I don't waste it. Great Sunday Supper.
Jun 26, 2016
Why no nutritional values?
Apr 5, 2016
My husband and I love this dinner. It has everything in it, all I add is a salad. Full of flavor and color. One of my favorites.
Nov 1, 2015
I just made this and it is sooooo good! I made a few substitutions because I didn't have some of the ingredients. I only made the meat because I didn't have any vegetables. I used Pork Steaks and cornmeal instead of flour. I only had one tsp of dried thyme so I used that with some ground thyme. It turned out great, I am amazed at how tender they are.
Oct 18, 2015
very easy to make - i threw winter vegetables in as well
Apr 20, 2015
Chicken broth, and add another veggie. Add garlic, and bell pepper
Apr 2, 2015
I made this tonight and my husband loved it, I used one can of beef broth with 2 cans of water, and served this with skillet cornbread. I will make this again.