Pork and Cabbage Supper
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; remove and set aside. To drippings, add sour and seasonings; bring to a boil. Return chops to skillet; add cabbage. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 287 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 1399mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
May 31, 2016
Very tasty! I like the fact that it makes just enough for two!
Nov 8, 2013
The guys liked it so I will be making this again.
Jun 23, 2011
Pretty good, definately easy. Added a handful of sliced fresh mushrooms. I used 3 chops instead of 2 and there ended up being plenty of sauce for the extra chop. Not amazing, but a good and easy fall/winter recipe.
Mar 15, 2011
Used 4 pork chops, 1/3 bell pepper and 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced. Great recipe
Mar 12, 2011
I think sour is a misprint it should say soup. I don't understand why the sodium count is so high. Can anyone give me a clue as to why the high count? This sounds like a good and easy recipe and I will be trying it soon.
Mar 12, 2011
I think some of this recipe is missing. It says to add sour and seasonings to the drippings but sour what and how much. Please advise. Thank you. [email protected]
Nov 11, 2010
This was soooooo good and sooooo easy! I loved that it was a recipe for two, since I actually cook for one. It was very flavorful, and it was all I could do to not eat both servings. Definitely will be making this one again and again and again!