Pork Chop Delight
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup V8 juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Stir in the V8 juice, salt and pepper. Return chops to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 243 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 18, 2014
Definitely a keeper! I doubled the recipe for our family and since I only had sweet peppers, I didn't use the green. This will be a staple in my pork chop recipe rotation!
Apr 2, 2011
I was not particularly impressed with this dish. In my opinion it could have used a touch of sugar/Splenda. I added a tablespoon of each cornstarch and water because it was too thin, watery actually. Tastes like a creole sauce. Thanks for the recipe. I should have cooked it 6 minutes instead of 8 though.
Mar 16, 2010
The only difference I made was to do it in the oven. It turned out very good.
Jan 28, 2010
Good combination of ingredients, all items worked very well together. Tasted great and took only 30 minutes to prepare.