Hearty Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Freeze option: Freeze pork with marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Drain pork, discarding marinade. Grill as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 227 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Jul 6, 2014
Good flavor on the chops & chops were very tender.
Jul 6, 2014
Nice twist on pork chops. The lemon-lime soda works nicely as a tenderizer, too.
Aug 19, 2012
Delicious marinade and takes just minutes to mix together.
Jan 26, 2011
This is a favorite of my Family. You can make the marinade in a gallon freezerbag,place the fresh pork chops in and freeze. Then thaw overnight and grill as usual
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.