Hearty Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Freeze option: Freeze pork with marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Drain pork, discarding marinade. Grill as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 227 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 6, 2014
Good flavor on the chops & chops were very tender.
Jul 6, 2014
Nice twist on pork chops. The lemon-lime soda works nicely as a tenderizer, too.
Aug 19, 2012
Delicious marinade and takes just minutes to mix together.
Jan 26, 2011
This is a favorite of my Family. You can make the marinade in a gallon freezerbag,place the fresh pork chops in and freeze. Then thaw overnight and grill as usual