Creamy Pork Chop Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) ready-to-serve creamy chicken soup
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides. Place over vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, cornstarch and soup until blended. Pour over pork chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until meat and potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 360 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 807mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 1, 2014
Makes very tender pork chops. I will use this recipe again, but tweak it a bit. Loved the potatoes and carrots with it! Thought the sauce was a bit thick so will leave out the cornstarch next time. And maybe I will double it so we can have leftovers. Yum!
Sep 3, 2012
I used cream of mushroom soup & onions because I'm not really a fan of cooked carrots or cream of chicken. It was really good. Will make again. I like how easy it was to switch out the things I didn't want in it.
Mar 7, 2012
This was pretty good and simple to make. My family liked the flavor, but the potatoes and carrots weren't cooked well enough by the time an hour was up. I think next time I make this, I'll either microwave or steam the sliced veggies before I put them in this dish to give them a head start at getting cooked through.
Dec 18, 2011
The sauce was really good and mixed well with the potatoes. I would definitely make this again!
Nov 19, 2010
This was so good! I made a couple of changes. For the gravy, I used cream of mushroom soup, and used a small amount of chicken broth to get all the drippings from the skillet and added it to the soup. I didn't use onion soup mix or cornstarch. I also added a small amount of Kitchen Bouquet to the gravy to give it a little more color. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Feb 16, 2009
I made this for supper last night and it was well received. My husband and I had considered going out for supper earlier in the afternoon and his comment was, "why would you want to go out to eat when we can eat a meal like this?". I think that says a lot!