Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Combine the water, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, bouillon and garlic; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Apr 18, 2016
This was okay. I cooked my pork chops for about 15 minutes and they were dry. The sauce was a weird mix of sweet and tart. Maybe I just didn't like the flavors or maybe I used too much ketchup and sour cream. Idk. It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't make it again.
Jul 15, 2014
Very good! We really liked the sauce
Jul 7, 2014
I ran out of sour cream so I turned the pan drippings into a gravy and they were delicious! I don't miss the sour cream at all!
Nov 18, 2013
I made this for dinner last night and it was WONDERFUL!!! The chops remained tender and the sauce was great over the chops and the rice side that I served. My only suggestion is to double the amount of the sauce, because it's sooo darn good, you won't want to run out!
Jun 4, 2009
I made this and served it over rice once and noodles another time. It's really simple and delicious. I cut the pork chops into cubes and cook it that way, so it's easier for the kids to eat. Thanks for the recipe Norma! It's a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.