Pork Chops with Ginger Maple Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, cook onion in 2 teaspoons oil until golden brown and very tender, about 10 minutes. Add ginger; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, salt, pepper and cinnamon; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chops in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the broth, syrup and onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Bring broth mixture to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve chops with rice and sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 393 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2013
Really good. I added a little garlic and soy sauce to the sauce.
Dec 2, 2012
These had an interesting flavor that I found very appealing. I will be making these again.
Feb 19, 2012
Pork chops were tender and flover was good and different because of the spices. I poured the juice on the rice and it was too sweet and the flavor was fair but not yummy.
Oct 21, 2011
This recipe is one of our favorites. I made it for our dinner guest and the response was, "It taste like Christmas!"I usually save this recipe if I want to impress people with my cooking!
Oct 6, 2011
These were good and I would make them again, but they just weren't as flavorful as I was expecting them to be.
Sep 29, 2011
These were AWESOME!!! Even my hubby was impressed. Lately, every time I cook pork chops they are always DRY...these were deliciously moist and tender with fantastic flavor!
Aug 14, 2011
DELICIOUS!!! YUM YUM!!! I make this atleast once a week, and make enough so I have leftovers LOL. its that good! I LOVE IT!!!
May 30, 2011
I actually made a BBQ sauce from the sauce ingredients and thickened with cornstarch and BBQ the chops in it. It was really good and the BBQ was good on the rice, which I made jasmine rice instead of white. Very good.
Nov 4, 2010
Really good. I suggest increasing the spice rub, because I don't feel like it is enough for 4 good sized chops. But very good.
Oct 8, 2009
I made this for my family of five last night and they all loved it! It was so easy to make. What was great is I didn't have to turn on the oven. I made extra sause to be able to put more over the rice.