Braised Pork Loin Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Mix first five ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat; brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, bring wine to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Add chops; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until pork is tender, 6-8 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce: 218 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Aug 28, 2017
Aug 15, 2017
Quick, easy and deliscious!
Oct 20, 2016
Our favorite pork chop recipe. Quick, Easy, and so flavorful. I have substituted Pineapple juice or Apple cider in place of the wine & apple juice, and it also is very tasty.
Jul 26, 2014
Made this for dinner tonight. My husband loved them. Will definitely make again.
Jan 11, 2013
My whole family enjoyed these. Pork chops are not my favorite but I actually look forward to them when fixed like this.
May 8, 2012
The flavor was wonderful, but the meat turned out VERY dry. This was a very short braising time, which I think was the problem. Maybe a fattier meat next time, and a longer time cooking.
Mar 14, 2012
I did not have the time to do the braising and instead just used the rub without the salt. They were still delicious!
Feb 2, 2012
Just made this for dinner tonight. It was fantastic and easy to make. I used savory instead of sage. Will definitely be making this recipe again!
Mar 20, 2011
Delicious, but too salty four our taste. Next time, I'll half or eliminate the salt.
Mar 16, 2011
A family favorite! They're quick and easy, and great when I need a last-minute meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.