Pork Chops with Mushroom-Tarragon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in 1 teaspoon oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork chops to pan and add tarragon. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Stir in butter.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce: 342 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 29, 2014
The hubs LOVED this. Chops turned out perfect. A previous reviewer is correct. One does need more broth, otherwise the gravy comes out gummy. No worries though, there was plenty left in the can.
Apr 3, 2014
I used the wine and it was very good.
Feb 6, 2014
Really good! My husband & I enjoyed this!
Jan 20, 2014
Very tasty but i agree with another reviewer that there is too much flour. Next time I will cut the amount in half
Jan 20, 2013
Very, VERY good!!! made with the vegetable and parley pilaf... I just need to time things better to make both, but everyone loved both dishes!!!
Jan 10, 2013
I used chicken broth instead of wine but otherwise made exactly as written. The chops were nice and tender and the flavor was mild and good but next time I would cut back on the flour or add more liquid. As soon as the flour mixture hit the pan it turned into glue. Luckily I had plenty of broth on hand and added some more until it had a gravy like consistency.