Herb Stuffed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute celery leaves and onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until soft. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, 1/3 cup broth and seasonings; mix well. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing into each pocket. Secure with string or toothpicks.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chops on both sides. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; pour remaining broth over the chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove string or toothpicks before serving. Thicken pan juices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 477 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1436mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 25, 2019
I've made this recipe a few times and it rocks. I make no deviations and it comes out moist and delicious. Please don't alter the recipe and give your version a lower rating. If yours was dry you may have incorrectly measured your ingredients or over cooked them. My only thought is that I never get all of the stuffing in the pocket so I cook the excess on top of the chops. Thanks for sharing your "extra special" recipe, Bessie.
Mar 26, 2019
Nice overall recipe, but I would also suggest using dried bread cubes (small) rather than crumbs; also make in one skillet with a sauce/“gravy” at the end. I didn’t use cranberries, but that would give this a Thanksgiving taste. Thanks!
Oct 1, 2017
Delicious! Use good bread crumbs
Apr 20, 2016
This recipe works perfectly using my electric skillet with lid. I brown the chops and finish the cooking with one pan. Hubby and all 4 girls love this!
Feb 16, 2016
It was just stuffing in a pork chop. It seemed a bit dry.
Nov 1, 2015
Loved this recipe! Thanks so much! I will definitely be making this more often. I also baked mine in the same pan I browned the meat in. Husband gave it a big thumbs up!!!
Jan 16, 2015
I look forward to making this for the next 50 years! Thank you for this delicious recipe!
Dec 30, 2014
This smells so good! I used gluten free coating on the chops before browning. Boxed stuffing mix in the chops as a short-cut, (and because my dh loves that stuff!)
Feb 20, 2014
I used whole wheat panko instead of bread crumbs... I then baked the pork chops in the same pan I browned them in... After they were bake through, I removed them added a little more chicken broth and a pat of butter and made a sauce to top them... Yummy...
Nov 8, 2013
These were great! My family loved them! I doubled the recipe and made four chops and 4x's the stuffing. Also, for the stuffing I used 1/2 Pepperidge Farm stuffing and 1/2 old bread! It was so good! This will definitely be a staple in my kitchen!