Herb Stuffed Chops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups day-old bread cubes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 bone-in pork rib or loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the bread cubes, parsley, milk, fennel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/4 cup stuffing into each pocket. Combine the remaining salt and pepper; rub over chops.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour wine over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pork chop: 459 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Aug 11, 2014
Great recipe. Next time I won't use the fennel seed just a person preference. Will substitute sage next time.
Jan 27, 2013
We didnt like it
Mar 5, 2009
DELICIOUS! My husband and one of his co-workers loved this one
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.