Herb Stuffed Chops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups day-old bread cubes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 bone-in pork rib or loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the bread cubes, parsley, milk, fennel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/4 cup stuffing into each pocket. Combine the remaining salt and pepper; rub over chops.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour wine over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pork chop: 459 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 11, 2014
Great recipe. Next time I won't use the fennel seed just a person preference. Will substitute sage next time.
Jan 27, 2013
We didnt like it
Mar 5, 2009
DELICIOUS! My husband and one of his co-workers loved this one