Herb Stuffed Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute celery leaves and onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until soft. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, 1/3 cup broth and seasonings; mix well. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing into each pocket. Secure with string or toothpicks.
- 2. Melt remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chops on both sides. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; pour remaining broth over the chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove string or toothpicks before serving. Thicken pan juices if desired.
1 each: 477 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1436mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Apr 25, 2019I've made this recipe a few times and it rocks. I make no deviations and it comes out moist and delicious. Please don't alter the recipe and give your version a lower rating. If yours was dry you may have incorrectly measured your ingredients or over cooked them. My only thought is that I never get all of the stuffing in the pocket so I cook the excess on top of the chops. Thanks for sharing your "extra special" recipe, Bessie.
Mar 26, 2019Nice overall recipe, but I would also suggest using dried bread cubes (small) rather than crumbs; also make in one skillet with a sauce/“gravy” at the end. I didn’t use cranberries, but that would give this a Thanksgiving taste. Thanks!
Oct 1, 2017
Delicious! Use good bread crumbs
Apr 20, 2016
This recipe works perfectly using my electric skillet with lid. I brown the chops and finish the cooking with one pan. Hubby and all 4 girls love this!
Feb 16, 2016
It was just stuffing in a pork chop. It seemed a bit dry.
Nov 1, 2015
Loved this recipe! Thanks so much! I will definitely be making this more often. I also baked mine in the same pan I browned the meat in. Husband gave it a big thumbs up!!!
Jan 16, 2015
I look forward to making this for the next 50 years! Thank you for this delicious recipe!
Dec 30, 2014
This smells so good! I used gluten free coating on the chops before browning. Boxed stuffing mix in the chops as a short-cut, (and because my dh loves that stuff!)
Dec 31, 1969
I used whole wheat panko instead of bread crumbs... I then baked the pork chops in the same pan I browned them in... After they were bake through, I removed them added a little more chicken broth and a pat of butter and made a sauce to top them... Yummy...
Dec 31, 1969
These were great! My family loved them! I doubled the recipe and made four chops and 4x's the stuffing. Also, for the stuffing I used 1/2 Pepperidge Farm stuffing and 1/2 old bread! It was so good! This will definitely be a staple in my kitchen!