Rice-Stuffed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) instant chicken-flavored rice and sauce mix
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 envelope seasoned coating mix
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter and rice with contents of sauce mix. Bring to a boil; stir. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until the rice is almost tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, moisten pork chops with water; dip in coating mix. Cut a pocket in each chop; fill with rice mixture. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining rice around chops. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 481 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1121mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2011
Great taste, will grease 13-in x 9-in baking dish next time.
Mar 16, 2009
I think Lipton stopped making the risotto mix. I used Lipton Creamy Chicken Rice and it came out really good.