- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chops on each side; cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix onion, parsley, milk and seasonings. Add apple, corn and bread crumbs; toss to combine. Spoon into pork chops; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients; reserve half of the sauce for brushing. Pour remaining sauce over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 165°, brushing occasionally with reserved sauce during the last 20 minutes.
1 stuffed pork chop: 601 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.