San Francisco Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7-1/2 hours
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add garlic to drippings; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, wine, brown sugar and pepper flakes; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove chops. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Return chops to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice.
Apr 12, 2014
I have made this recipe for years. It's delicious. We like it with egg noodles. It's good with chicken too. I always double the sauce so everyone gets enough on their rice or noodles
Jan 16, 2012
I make this recipe with boneless pork chops and it turns out great. My slow cooker cooks them in about 5 hours on low. I like that it uses ingredients that I always have on hand. The sauce is delicious and the chops are fork tender!
Oct 28, 2011
Too much soy sauce for our taste.
Aug 25, 2010
This is a favorite for our family and friends!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.