San Francisco Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7-1/2 hours
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add garlic to drippings; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, wine, brown sugar and pepper flakes; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove chops. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Return chops to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2014
I have made this recipe for years. It's delicious. We like it with egg noodles. It's good with chicken too. I always double the sauce so everyone gets enough on their rice or noodles
Jan 16, 2012
I make this recipe with boneless pork chops and it turns out great. My slow cooker cooks them in about 5 hours on low. I like that it uses ingredients that I always have on hand. The sauce is delicious and the chops are fork tender!
Oct 28, 2011
Too much soy sauce for our taste.
Aug 25, 2010
This is a favorite for our family and friends!