Aloha Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 6 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
- Sprinkle pork chops with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; remove and set aside. Drain skillet; add sweet-and-sour sauce and pineapple chunks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return chops to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir-fry sauce; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving platter; top with pork chops.
Jun 22, 2013
This is the 4th time that I've made this dish and I absolutely love it! The rice and sweet and sour really work well with the pineapple and natural flavor of the pork. It's a fun recipe to cook and my girlfriend loves it when I come home from the store with that can of pineapples. :)
Jan 22, 2013
I was so excited for this one. It just didn't turn out to taste the way I thought it would.
Jan 8, 2013
Pretty good, but a little too sweet for our tastes. May make again but use more stir-fry sauce and less sweet and sour sauce to tone it down a bit.
Oct 29, 2012
This recipe was easy quick and very delicious
Sep 10, 2011
Jul 15, 2011
this was fabulous and easy to make.
Oct 29, 2009
hi there i really in joyed your pork chops there is just the 2 of us. I surrer hope you have some recipes cause my husband is the pork chop man. thanks Betty K.
May 8, 2009
This recipe is horrible. I served this on my annivesary and not one person was satisfied. It also made them sick. The mixture ofdifferent ingredients doesnt mix well.
Apr 13, 2009
I am on a very restricted low sodium diet, would like to see the nutritional values for this recipe Thanks
Mar 16, 2009
I would like to see the nutritional values for this recipe, since I'm diabetic. Thanks, B