Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice
This healthier take on kimchi fried rice is one of my favorite recipes because it's customizable. If there's a vegetarian in the family, leave out the bacon and add your favorite veggies. —Stefanie Schaldenbrand, Los Angeles, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 3 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1 to 3 tablespoons kimchi juice
- Optional: Sesame oil and sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp, stirring occasionally. Add green onion and garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Add kimchi; cook and stir until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Add cauliflower; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, turning once if desired. Stir enough kimchi juice into cauliflower mixture to moisten. Divide among 2 serving bowls. Top with fried eggs, additional green onions and if desired, sesame seeds and oil.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 254 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.