Ham Fried Rice
My husband and I lived in Japan for a few years and came to love that country's ethnic dishes. This dish captures the Asian flavor better than any other recipes I've tried.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour eggs into skillet. Add eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove eggs to a plate; set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Reduce heat. Add rice and ham; heat through. Stir in peas and corn; heat through. Meanwhile, chop egg into small pieces; gently fold into rice mixture. Sprinkle with soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 449 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 1316mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Ham Fried Rice in Country Pork