Ham Fried Rice
My husband and I lived in Japan for a few years and came to love that country's ethnic dishes. This dish captures the Asian flavor better than any other recipes I've tried.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour eggs into skillet. Add eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove eggs to a plate; set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Reduce heat. Add rice and ham; heat through. Stir in peas and corn; heat through. Meanwhile, chop egg into small pieces; gently fold into rice mixture. Sprinkle with soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 449 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 1316mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Ham Fried Rice in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.