Mushroom Fried Rice
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Optional ingredients: Chinese-style mustard, duck sauce and additional soy sauce
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add eggs to skillet. Cook and stir until set. Remove to a plate; set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat canola oil and remaining sesame oil. Saute onions and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic and ginger; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the rice, peas, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Chop egg into small pieces; stir into skillet and heat through. Stir in green onions. Serve with mustard, duck sauce and additional soy sauce if desired.
Aug 11, 2016
This is the best fried rice! It is as good as any Chinese Restaurant we have eaten in. I like to serve this with the Asian Chicken Thighs from the TOH sight.
Jan 14, 2016
OMG--I can't find enough words to say just how easy to prepare and how delicious this recipe is! I followed the recipe as is except for one small change--my husband does not like ginger, so I left it out. My husband had three helpings and told me to hang on to this recipe because it's a keeper. I couldn't agree more!