Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Fresh mushrooms and a hint of wine dress up instant rice in this recipe shared by Genny Monchamp of Redding, California. The speedy side dish is an effortless accompaniment to chicken, pork or beef.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and wine until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 6 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; stir in mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 141 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Mar 27, 2014
I actually prepared the mushroom mixture as directed and added it in with the rice while cooking. I also used 1 cup chicken broth instead of the water & chicken bouillon granules.
Apr 10, 2008