Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and wine until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 6 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; stir in mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 141 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Mar 27, 2014
I actually prepared the mushroom mixture as directed and added it in with the rice while cooking. I also used 1 cup chicken broth instead of the water & chicken bouillon granules.
Apr 10, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.