Mushroom Chicken with Wild Rice
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread rice in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place chicken over rice.
- In a small bowl, whisk soup, sour cream, water and sherry until blended; stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Bake, covered, 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until light golden brown and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1 cup rice mixture: 403 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1079mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 2, 2016
Instead of using ready to serve rice, I had some Rice & Barley Pilaf (TOH) made so I followed the recipe using that. It's an easy recipe and very tasty. I didn't have sherry so I used dry Marsala wine and added a touch more!!! Will make this recipe again.
Jul 29, 2016
The prepared wild rice made the dish salty, and any rice not covered by sauce was baked to a crisp. I don't think I'll be making this again.
May 7, 2014
Good recipe, but I added pepper and garlic/herb seasoning. I think I might add a french onion soup mix packet next time too.
Mar 18, 2014
So good! I loved this recipe! I did add some seasoning-- garlic, onion powder, seasoned salt, and pepper.