Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the rice, contents of seasoning packets, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add cream and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 399 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 8, 2017
In the directions it says to add water,yet there is no amount listed.
Nov 8, 2017
It’s the directions it says to add water,yet there is no amount listed.
Oct 31, 2017
I made this for dinner tonight and it was awesome! Even my non mushroom loving husband had two bowls and asked me to make it again. Total Winner!
Feb 26, 2013
This soup was super good and quick and easy! I added a little parsley and basil too! And substituted 30 calorie almond milk for a lower calorie soup! Was delicious. I loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.