Cheesy Wild Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions. Add the milk, soup and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 464 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1492mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2012
All-time family favorite. Make it every Christmas eve. It's a tradition. I've been making this recipe for company and for family from my 1st taste of home cookbook 15 yrs. ago. I use wild rice. I have even purchased canned precooked wild rice. Double the recipe. You won't be disappointed.
Sep 12, 2011
This recipe was so good that my 7-year-old daughter wanted some of the left-overs for breakfast the next morning!
Dec 30, 2010
Good; makes ALOT
Aug 24, 2009
I would like the original recipe. We like "REAL" Wild Rice not the packaged combo. Thanks!!
Jan 18, 2009
I don't care for the taste of Velveeta, so I use an 8-oz package of shredded colby and monterrey jack cheese - the texture of this soup is really interesting, one of our favorites!
Jan 9, 2009
This was so easy and fast! My husband loved it. I will definately make it again.