Cheesy Wild Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions. Add the milk, soup and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 464 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1492mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Dec 24, 2012
All-time family favorite. Make it every Christmas eve. It's a tradition. I've been making this recipe for company and for family from my 1st taste of home cookbook 15 yrs. ago. I use wild rice. I have even purchased canned precooked wild rice. Double the recipe. You won't be disappointed.
Sep 12, 2011
This recipe was so good that my 7-year-old daughter wanted some of the left-overs for breakfast the next morning!
Dec 30, 2010
Good; makes ALOT
Aug 24, 2009
I would like the original recipe. We like "REAL" Wild Rice not the packaged combo. Thanks!!
Jan 18, 2009
I don't care for the taste of Velveeta, so I use an 8-oz package of shredded colby and monterrey jack cheese - the texture of this soup is really interesting, one of our favorites!
Jan 9, 2009
This was so easy and fast! My husband loved it. I will definately make it again.