Rice and Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, celery and celery leaves in butter for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 4 minutes longer.
- Add rice; cook for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the water and Greek seasoning. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 232 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 14, 2014
This was very easy, quick and a great way to use up extra items in the refrigerator. I used cooked rice, omitting the water. I made my own greek spice, added fresh cut up spinach, toasted pine nuts along with pecans in a pan. As we ate we added a bit of soy sauce. It was delicious!
Feb 18, 2011