Mushroom Beef Tips with Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes. Add beef to pan; cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Remove beef mixture from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 473 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 940mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2014
I generally try not to feed my family pre-prepared food because of high sodium content and preservatives, but I have to admit this was super fast and very good. But I guess It's okay just as long as I don't serve it very often. Garnished with sliced green onion and served over egg noodles. The guys in the family REALLY liked it.
Dec 14, 2013
This is one of our very favorite dinners. It is a snap to fix on nights when we are both worn out but want something tasty to eat. I sometimes fix it with noodles or brown rice. A green salad completes this quick and easy delicious dinner.l We have it several tines a month.
Jan 27, 2012
This is "cooking"? More like "re-heating" to me!
Jan 26, 2012
I would like to know what beef tips are. They must be an American terminology that we (Canadians) call something else. I'm curious.
Jul 15, 2009
I added some chopped onions, too. My family really liked this recipe!
Dec 10, 2008
You can also use Hormel and Tyson Beef Tips and Gravy and do it in the microwave. I have also added a little flour to the mixture to thicken it a little. I highly recommend this recipe. Although it is not to original, since I found this recipe on either a Tyson or Hormel Beef Tips and Gravy package.