Mushroom Beef and Noodles
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed beefy mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (12 ounces) wide egg noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine soups and bread crumbs; mix well. Stir in beef. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with beef mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 408 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 985mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 22, 2013
This was good, but there was no depth of flavor. The meat was tender, there was plenty of sauce, but it needed some extra salt and something to add depth like Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce or something similar.
Oct 30, 2013
Substituted Cream of Mushroom Soup for French Onion Soup and the family liked it even better.
Oct 31, 2011
This was delicious... could have used more mushrooms so next time I will add fresh mushrooms. I also added a quarter of an onion to the mix and let it all marinate together as it cooks.
Oct 27, 2011
Well, if you have a slow cooker that's much bigger than what is called for, yours will probably cook it too fast. The optimal "fill" amount for any slow cooker regardless of size is about 2/3 or 3/4 full. Yours would likely be half-full which could cause it to cook too fast, even if it's on low. So, yes, if you're able to check it after 4 hrs, then after 5 or 6 hrs, to make sure it's not cooking too fast.
Oct 12, 2011
This recipe is a regular on our menu.
Oct 4, 2011
My family of 6 loved this and I have a few picky eaters! Beefy mushroom soup isn't available here so I exchanged it with beef broth (10 3/4 oz) and canned mushrooms and it worked perfectly. Will definitely make it again! Super easy and delicious!
Nov 25, 2008
I have a 5 QT slow cooker...do I have to adjust the cooking time if the directions call for a 3 QT cooker?