Mushroom Oven Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large skillet, saute the rice in butter for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add celery and onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until the celery is tender.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Stir in the broth, water, soy sauce and parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 196 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 13, 2019
Very tasty and quick to have ready ahead. We had company of 6 so l 1 1/2 times the recipe, good thing l did because there was about 1 cup left. I served it with the citrus spiced ham , very nice combo. I would make this again. Janet. VFE
Nov 16, 2018
I thought this was good. I would make this again. Thanks for sharing.
Jul 13, 2016
Very good recipe.. The only change I make is to add more onion and celery. This is a good dide dish for Thanksgiving.
Feb 18, 2016
This is an excellent recipe! I often season and brown some chicken tenders to place on top of the rice.
Dec 26, 2015
I altered the recipe for my personal health concerns. I used olive oil instead of butter. I used parboiled/minute brown rice, I decreased the oven time to about 25 ish minutes and added flax seed. I served it with canned beans to make sure I got enough complete protein. I am on my way out now to buy fresh celery and mushrooms so I can this for dinner. Thnx for posting.
Oct 10, 2014
I have been making this dish for several years now, and it is not only delicious, but convenient, as it bakes at the same time and oven temp as many of my chicken recipes. A household favorite.
Mar 19, 2014
I loved this! I made it with brown rice and dry minced onion and it tastes like a wild rice medley. Yum!! Will definitely be using this often as a side dish recipe.
Dec 26, 2013
It was so good! The kids, the men, the women, all loved it.
Nov 25, 2013
Oct 16, 2012
This is awesome. We've also added leftover cooked chicken to make it a main course. So easy and so delicious.