Pressure-Cooker Risotto with Chicken and Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- On a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, select the saute setting; adjust for medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp. butter and oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir until the rice is coated, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in wine and lemon juice; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed. Press cancel. Pour in broth. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on low for 4 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Stir until combined; continue stirring until creamy.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat; heat through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 636 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1411mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Jun 22, 2019
I made this for a gathering of our Solomon Islands community. My neice brought her partner who is a very French Frenchman. He loved this dish so much he kept going back for seconds.. Thirds.. and he paid me the ultimate compliment: it reminded him of home. Wow. I recommend letting it sit on warm for a bit to absorb the liquid
May 16, 2019