Pressure Cooker Risotto with Chicken and Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms add an earthy flavor to this creamy classic, while shredded rotisserie chicken makes it a snap to prepare. You'll savor every bite. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- On a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, select saute setting; adjust for high heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir until rice is coated, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in wine and lemon juice; cook and stir until wine mixture is absorbed. Pour in broth. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to low. Set time for 4 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Stir until combined; continue stirring until creamy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and remaining butter. Select saute setting and adjust for high heat; heat through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 636 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1411mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Risotto With Chicken and Mushrooms in Cook It Fast
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.