Pressure-Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo
This recipe is a true comfort food! Cajun spice adds a nice heat to the creamy Alfredo sauce. And nothing beats having to clean only one pot. Add more or less seasoning depending on your preferred spice level. This recipe would also be tasty with shrimp or smoked sausage. —Jennifer Stowell, Deep River, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each), cubed
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is hot, cook and stir peppers until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Cook and stir until browned, 3-4 minutes. Press cancel.
- Add pasta, stock and water (do not stir). Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 3 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for low heat. Stir in cream, Parmesan cheese, remaining 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning and cooked peppers. Cook until heated through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 717 calories, 40g fat (22g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 935mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Oct 27, 2019
Very easy and tasted good, not a typical Alfredo taste. Lots of green peppers so I won't use as much next time.
Oct 20, 2019
i just wanted to know if i can make this recipe, in a reg. pot. I don't have a pressure cooker. Thxs