Pressure Cooker Saucy BBQ Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Top with onion and tomatoes. In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, water, orange juice and seasonings; pour over top.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170° If desired, serve with rice.
Freeze option: Place cooked chicken mixture in freezer containers. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 240 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 1, 2019
This was surprisingly good, especially considering how easy the prep is. Definitely recommend serving over rice. Lots of sauce. I would add a some salt, but make it first as is and adjust to your taste. Very yummy.
Apr 24, 2019
Delicious! We had this recipe tonight. I followed the recipe exactly. This is quick even though you have to wait for it to come to pressure. Quick and delicious. Volunteer Field Editor