Pressure-Cooker Cola BBQ Chicken
This recipe is rich with sweet smoky deliciousness. The meat is juicy and tender, and I like to add a few tasty toppings—sliced dill pickles and a slice of pepper jack cheese—for a boost of flavor. This can be cooked in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. —Ashley Lecker, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup cola
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 hamburger buns, split
- 14 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup sliced sweet pickles
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; add chicken. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 7 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Reserve 2 cups cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Shred chicken with 2 forks. Combine with reserved juices. Serve on buns with cheese and pickles.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.