Pressure-Cooker Shredded Chicken Gyros
Our family has no links of any kind to Greece, but we always have such a marvelous time at the annual Salt Lake City Greek Festival. One of my favorite parts is all the awesome food. This meal is a good way to mix up our menu, and my kids are big fans. —Camille Beckstrand, Layton, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 whole pita breads
- Toppings: Tzatziki sauce, torn romaine and sliced tomato, cucumber and onion
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients; add chicken. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°.
- Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return to pressure cooker. Using tongs, place chicken mixture on pita breads. Serve with toppings. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.