Hearty Chicken Gyros
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salt-free lemon-pepper marinade
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves, warmed
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place chicken, marinade and mint in a shallow dish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. In another bowl, combine cucumber, tomato and onion. Serve chicken in pita pockets with sauce, vegetable mixture and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 gyro: 248 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 29, 2019
Made this tonight for dinner. Super yummy, fresh, and healthy. Highly recommended!
Jun 1, 2018
This is a question not a review, gave it 4 stars because it sounds delicious. Can anyone tell me what is lemon-pepper marinade? Do you buy this pre-made, or if you make it yourself-- what are the ingredients? Can anyone help. Thank you.
Dec 19, 2017
Made this last night and it was delicious. My daughter came home from a friend's house where she had dinner and loved the smell the kitchen and asked if we had any leftovers. Unfortunately no. I will make again.