Hearty Chicken Gyros
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salt-free lemon-pepper marinade
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves, warmed
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place chicken, marinade and mint in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. In another bowl, combine cucumber, tomato and onion. Serve chicken in pita pockets with sauce, vegetable mixture and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 gyro: 248 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 1, 2018
This is a question not a review, gave it 4 stars because it sounds delicious. Can anyone tell me what is lemon-pepper marinade? Do you buy this pre-made, or if you make it yourself-- what are the ingredients? Can anyone help. Thank you.
Dec 19, 2017
Made this last night and it was delicious. My daughter came home from a friend's house where she had dinner and loved the smell the kitchen and asked if we had any leftovers. Unfortunately no. I will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.