Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 10 cups bread cubes (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 jars (12 ounces each) chicken gravy, warmed, optional
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on several ungreased large baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, potatoes, celery, carrots and parsley. In another large bowl, combine the milk, broth, eggs, butter, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture; toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes; stir. Bake 45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with gravy if desired.
1 each: 217 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.