Chicken Sausage Gyros
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked spinach and feta chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage over medium heat until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cucumber, vinegar, oil and garlic powder. Serve chicken sausage on pita breads with tomato, onion and cucumber sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 gyro with 1/4 cup sauce: 418 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 15, 2014
I made these up for lunch one day. I used spinach and mozzarella chicken sausages instead. I would suggest heating up the sausages first and then slicing them, because when I sliced them first to cook, the cheese melted out of them. For as quick of a recipe as it was, this was pretty good.
Jun 2, 2013
These were good, even the pickiest eaters in my family enjoyed them. I used the sausages the recipe called for [found at Sams as well as many other chicken sausage options] and also made with a chicken sausage that had sweet peppers, fontina, garlic and onion. Roasted red peppers and onion on the grill with the sausage and offered that as an option for the filling.
Dec 3, 2011
The taste of chicken sausage gyros was not at all what I expected. It was not for me.
Sep 23, 2011
I add sautéed onions & red peppers.I will make this again :-)
Aug 31, 2011
These chicken sausage gyros were sooo good! Very easy and so much flavor!
Aug 7, 2011
I love gyros and this is was excellent! When I want one this will be my go to recipe. Found the sausage the recipe called for. A keeper for sure!
Jul 27, 2011
Easy and delicious!
Jul 7, 2011
Really good and very quick and easy!
Jun 20, 2011
This was DELICIOUS. The hardest part was finding the particular kind of chicken sausage. Very easy to make and my husband loved it as well. I added dill to the sauce and used cider vinegar b/c I didn't have red wine. Will definitely make it again!
Jun 14, 2011
These were good! I made too much of the cucumber sauce, but other than that, it was tasty and easy too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.