Turkey Gyro Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- Additional Greek vinaigrette, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix, water and oregano to form a soft dough. Press dough to fit a greased 12-in. pizza pan; pinch edge to form a rim. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Brush 1/4 cup vinaigrette over crust; top with olives, red pepper and cheeses. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cucumber and tomato before serving. If desired, drizzle with additional vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without additional vinaigrette): 524 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1716mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Oct 12, 2017
I made this with store-bought pizza dough. I also used regular sweet red pepper (not roasted) and zucchini in stead of cucumber. Otherwise everything else was the same. This pizza was VERY good! Next time I'll try the dough in this recipe.
Feb 23, 2015
This one is a refreshing meat-free change from regular pizza, and is very easy to make!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.