Hearty Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, onion, milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, mushrooms, peppers, mayonnaise, steak seasoning and basil.
- Drain spaghetti. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes longer.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed, increasing time as needed to heat through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 549 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 957mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Nov 6, 2019
This dish is delicious! Minor changes that I made: cooked chicken tenderloins and then shredded them instead of cutting... just prefer the texture. Not a huge fan of onions, so used a T. of dried onions. Also used fresh red peps instead of jarred roasted. My son actually commented, " The peppers are a nice touch!"
Sep 12, 2019
THIS MEAL WAS GREAT UNTIL I REALIZED THAT I AM A PARROT AND THIS IS CHICKEN! I BARFED
May 19, 2019
Joyceemery - The steak seasoning is in the spice aisle - the one listed is made by McCormick. If you can't find it, you can sub pepper and garlic salt or just salt and pepper. I just made this again for a potluck and everyone raved about it.
Apr 1, 2019
I see in the reviews someone asked what to use for "STEAK SEASONING" but I don't see a response . I want to make this but I am holding out until I see an answer.
Apr 1, 2019
For Char9 and Tammie2412; There are obviously plenty of sites that cater to the types of recipes that you seem to prefer. I can't help but wonder why you spend so much time on sites that do not appear to have a large number of recipes that you will even consider making, let alone that you would bother to comment negatively without making it. Now, I don't go onto the sites that suit you and complain about the recipes being inedible because of all of the "healthy" ingredients and give them bad ratings without even making the recipe. So I am absolutely dumbfounded that you would bother. However, most of your complaints about this particular recipe could be taken care of by simply making your own homemade versions of the ingredients to which you are objecting. One of the "offending ingredients" is the "cream of" soup and you can find a base recipe for a homemade dried soup recipe for that at https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/sos-mix/ . I do hope you find a way to be happier in your life because I believe that worrying about and "hating" everything will probably shorten a person's life more than whatever they eat.
Mar 10, 2019
Easy cheesey good!!!
Feb 13, 2019
This casserole was easy to make and used pantry staples, always a plus to me! Also, my hubby who is not a fan of casseroles ate this and said it was really good...even had seconds!
Dec 10, 2018
Nov 20, 2018
This is now a favorite dinner with my family. Also, I want to answer chris1414: You badmouthed this recipe as if everyone is going to serve this seven days a week. Would you also criticize a hot fudge sundae as being too "bad" for us? As my kids say, "Get a life."
Oct 10, 2018
We really loved this casserole! If you already have leftover cooked chicken, it's a breeze. I doubled the recipe and instead of cream of chicken soup, I used one can of cream of mushroom and one can of cream of celery. I only used one onion and instead of canned mushrooms, used sliced fresh mushrooms which I sauteed along with the onions. Everything else was the same. The casserole was delicious - and we loved the creamy sauce. Will definitely make again!