Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min. + releasing
Makes8 servings (3-1/4 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 Anaheim pepper or poblano pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 carton (48 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Optional: shredded cheddar cheese, cubed avocado, sour cream and tortilla strips
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat; add oil. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken, broth, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, tomato paste, seasonings and, if desired, pepper sauce. Stir. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 7 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove chicken from the pressure cooker. Shred with two forks; return to pressure cooker. Stir in cilantro. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 132 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1117mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2018
I have not tried this recipe but I plan to. I just wish, I_Fortuna would not be so mean spirited. This recipe never claimed to be Mexican and the whole idea of this site is for people to share their recipes and give other people ideas. Old or new. If you can't say something nice or give some tips on something you altered, don't say anything at all. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.