Pressure-Cooker White Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
This thick and creamy soup is one that I created by adapting several recipes into one. Although previously a slow-cooker soup, the Instant Pot brings it to the table much sooner. It’s an easy dinner when you want a delicious chicken soup with lots of flavor.—Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional toppings: corn chips, avocado slices and shredded pepper jack cheese
- Place the first nine ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 6 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Press cancel.
- Remove chicken; shred with two forks. Return to pressure cooker. Stir in corn, sour cream, lemon juice and pepper. Serve with toppings as desired.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.