Pressure Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
My sister shared this chili recipe with me. The jalapeno adds just enough heat to notice but not too much for my children. —Kristine Bowles, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 qt.)
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado, quartered cherry tomatoes and chopped fresh cilantro
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. Select saute setting and adjust for high heat on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken; brown on all sides. Remove chicken.
- Add remaining oil to pressure cooker. Saute onion until tender. Add jalapeno, garlic, oregano and cumin; cook and stir 2 minutes. Return chicken to pressure cooker.
- In a bowl, mash 1 cup beans; stir in 1/2 cup broth. Stir bean mixture and remaining whole beans and broth into chicken mixture.
- Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cheese; add toppings if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Originally published as White Bean Chicken Chili in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.