Pressure-Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 qt.)
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado, quartered cherry tomatoes and chopped fresh cilantro
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken; brown on all sides. Remove chicken.
- Add remaining oil to pressure cooker. Saute onion until tender. Add jalapeno, garlic, oregano and cumin; cook and stir 2 minutes. Press cancel. Return chicken to pressure cooker.
- In a bowl, mash 1 cup beans; stir in 1/2 cup broth. Stir bean mixture and remaining whole beans and broth into chicken mixture.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cheese; add toppings if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 343 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 30, 2020
Easy to make and tasty. The added avocado topping was great - I used a dollop of guacamole. Will definitely make this recipe again
Jan 18, 2020
It's okay,just needs a little something.
May 12, 2019
Very good as well as quick and easy! I substituted one4 oz can of diced green chilis (mild) because I cannot tolerate the heat of jalapena peppers. Also used 1/2 the recommended amount for cumin and oregano.
Oct 9, 2018
Delicious and fast. My husband and I made this on a weeknight and enjoyed it. Really closer to 4 servings in our home. Thanks for the recipe!