Pressure-Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 qt.)
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado, quartered cherry tomatoes and chopped fresh cilantro
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken; brown on all sides. Remove chicken.
- Add remaining oil to pressure cooker. Saute onion until tender. Add jalapeno, garlic, oregano and cumin; cook and stir 2 minutes. Press cancel. Return chicken to pressure cooker.
- In a bowl, mash 1 cup beans; stir in 1/2 cup broth. Stir bean mixture and remaining whole beans and broth into chicken mixture.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cheese; add toppings if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 343 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 22, 2020
I loved this chili recipe. It was very easy to make and it was delicious. The only thing I did was omit the jalapeno and I put tortilla scoop cups, made rice and used a Mexican blend of shredded cheese and it came out just perfect. I will be making this again because everyone loved it.
Jan 30, 2020
Easy to make and tasty. The added avocado topping was great - I used a dollop of guacamole. Will definitely make this recipe again
Jan 18, 2020
It's okay,just needs a little something.
May 12, 2019
Very good as well as quick and easy! I substituted one4 oz can of diced green chilis (mild) because I cannot tolerate the heat of jalapena peppers. Also used 1/2 the recommended amount for cumin and oregano.
Oct 9, 2018
Delicious and fast. My husband and I made this on a weeknight and enjoyed it. Really closer to 4 servings in our home. Thanks for the recipe!