Pressure-Cooker Turkey Chili
I've taken my mother's milder recipe for chili and made it thicker and more robust. It's a favorite, especially in fall and winter. &mash;Celesta Zanger, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min. + releasing
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional toppings: Sour cream, cubed avocado, diced jalapeno peppers
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for medium heat. Cook turkey until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Add water to pressure cooker. Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Return turkey to pressure cooker. Stir in tomatoes, pasta sauce, beans, celery, onion, green pepper, corn and seasonings.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. If desired, serve with sour cream, avocado and jalapeno. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 200 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Originally published as Turkey Chili in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.