25-Minute Turkey Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min. + releasing
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- Optional: sour cream and sliced jalapeno
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Crumble turkey over top; stir to combine. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Stir chili. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional jalapeno.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 231 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 17, 2018
This is a quick and tasty pleaser. I did not have ground turkey, so I used leftovers from a turkey dinner that I had in the freezer. I also added garlic, just because we like it. It is even better the 2nd day.
Feb 20, 2016
Extremely bland if you make it following these exact ingredients, at least it was quick
Mar 19, 2015
Family loved it. I added garlic but that was it.
Jan 31, 2013
Loved it! I didn't have the Mexican tomatoes, so I used regular & added a can of green chilies. I also added the whole 14 oz can of beef broth. My husband loves this...definitely a keeper. Oh - I didn't use ground turkey, I chopped up turkey loin that was leftover from the night before and just threw everything together on the stove top for 30 min. Easy!
Feb 2, 2012
I love this chili. Imake it on my stove top and let it cook a little longer, it is so tasty
Oct 2, 2011
Best Turkey Chili I've ever had! My family loves it.
May 21, 2011
I use regular canned tomatoes, leave out the jalapeno and add extra chili powder and about a Tbs of cumin. I always serve it with at cornbread and shredded cheddar cheese.
May 1, 2011
If this could be 10 stars I would. The only change I made was using my own tomatoes that I canned last year this was absolutely the best and I use it as a primary chili recipe