Four Bean Turkey Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Jan 5, 2017
I've been making this chili recipe for years. It's good and basic, though probably not the best or most exciting out there. A little advice: Don't skip those chili beans or you'll lose flavor. Sub in a can of those tomatoes with the chili seasonings already added instead of some of the regular tomatoes. Use ground beef or sausage for all/some of the meat.
Jan 3, 2014
Best chili i have ever had. Won a couple of cook off's also fantastic recipe.
Nov 1, 2013
Great taste. Easy to fix. Have been making it for years and always a hit.
Dec 2, 2011
This was excellent. The stewed tomatoes really gives it a more savory and creamier flavor than plain tomatoes. Will definitely make this again.
May 9, 2011
Great ,my husband took this to a football party the men didn't realize it wasn't made with beef. I make all year long
Oct 25, 2010
spicy, but my 18 month old loved it!
Aug 31, 2008
This chili is GREAT - it makes a lot and freezes well. You won't be disappointed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.